Looking for a car to subscribe to? Here is a list and comparison of some of the UK's top recommended car subscription companies.
Car subscription is fast becoming popular all over the world. People now want the freedom and flexibility to change their cars as per their needs and requirements and skip all the responsibilities and commitments that come with owning a car. A car subscription service allows consumers to have a vehicle for the tenure of their choosing, anywhere from weeks to months, and you simply pay an all-inclusive subscription fee for the car of your choosing. This all-inclusive fee typically includes insurance, maintenance, delivery and support, and you only pay for charging or fuel. Because of its flexibility, many drivers are switching to car subscriptions as the new way of having a vehicle.
Today, there are hundreds of car subscription companies available to choose from all over the world. Each of these companies offers different services to its consumers. Some car subscription companies even have a pay-to-own business model to allow consumers to own the vehicle they are subscribed to at the end of their subscription period.
Here, we have compiled a list of all the best car subscription services in the UK for you to review so you can find one that best suits your needs.
It's worth noting that pricing and vehicle options may vary depending on the availability of vehicles in your particular location, so it's best to check with your car subscription company directly for the most up-to-date information.
SOGO Mobility is a UK-based company that is transforming the way people and businesses fulfil their vehicle needs. The company's goal is to provide affordable, sustainable, and reliable transportation options to consumers in urban areas while reducing congestion and pollution.
SOGO Mobility is committed to using technology to improve the transportation experience for its users and has developed a range of innovative features such as in-app navigation, real-time traffic updates, and driver ratings to ensure a safe and efficient journey.
What they offer
● They are equipped with nationwide delivery and collection of vehicles with full breakdown cover and roadside assistance.
● Their offerings are designed to suit the needs of both individuals and businesses, offering flexible leasing periods ranging from a few hours to several months.
● With a commitment to sustainability, SOGO Mobility aims to reduce carbon emissions and promote green transportation through their electric vehicles.
● You can choose to swap your vehicle when you want for what you want.
● SOGO Mobility offers a variety of cars, including electric/hybrid cars, compact cars, family cars, luxury models, and vans on lease with only 1 month upfront payments.
● They have an extensive fleet ranging from Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, BMW, Ford, Peugeot, and more.
GBP 199 - GBP 1015
Mycardirect have a team with years of experience in the automotive industry, and thus, their customer service aims to provide its consumers with the best customer experience and service. The team at mycardirect will help you find the perfect car to subscribe to that is best suited to your needs and requirements. They offer all-inclusive prices as well as the choice to swap your vehicle or cancel your subscription plan early.
What they offer
● Mycardirect offers its consumers customisable subscription lengths, and you can choose a tenure period anywhere between a month to four years.
● The monthly subscription plan includes maintenance, road tax, breakdown cover, MOT, and replacement tyres.
● Free delivery and collection are also included in the monthly subscription fee from Cornwall to the top of Scotland - including if you choose to swap your car or cancel your subscription plan early.
● Mycardirect has a massive fleet of vehicles, including vans, EVs, Hybrids, and hatchbacks, Jeep, SUVs, and Sedans.
● A wide range of vehicle options includes models from but are not limited to - Mercedes, Land Rover, BMW, Audi, Tesla, Jaguar, Porsche, Kia, Ford, Hyundai, Peugeot, Volkswagen, Citroen, Vauxhall, MINI, and Polestar.
GBP 498 - GBP 4500
EZOO came into existence by co-founders Lash and Charnjit Saran, and both founders have almost 30 years of experience in the automotive industry. EZOO prides itself on its aim to make EVs more accessible to peope and bring awareness and education around switching from combustion to an EV. EZOO is perfect for people looking for an affordable, flexible, and customisable shift to EVs. With subscription plans that can be customised to your needs and all-inclusive prices, EZOO is an excellent option for anybody looking to subscribe to an EV.
What they offer
● EZOO is built around a pay-as-you-go electric subscription service, which means your tenure is completely customisable and flexible to meet your needs and requirements.
● EZOO offers its consumers an all-inclusive subscription fee, which includes insurance, maintenance, and road tax along with all the other expenses that come with a vehicle, including car registration.
● Their system is run entirely online, and there will always be a member of the team on hand to guide you through the process.
● EZOO has a range of electric and hybrid vehicles for consumers.
● Vehicle options include SUVs, Hatchbacks, Sedans as well as vans.
● Vehicle models include but are not limited to - Renault, Nissan, Polestar, Volkswagen, Audi, Hyundai, and more.
GBP 239 - GBP 2199
Onto was founded in 2018 to provide its consumers with an affordable way to switch to Electric vehicles. Co-founders Gannon O’Meachair and Rob Jolly founded the company with the mission to make EVs more accessible and affordable to people
and give its consumers a more flexible, convenient and hassle-free way to go electric. With many people now making the switch to EVs, Onto offers its consumers a wide variety of EVs to choose from and is an excellent option for people who want to try EVs but are apprehensive about taking the first step. EVs are now becoming more and more popular all over UK and Europe, with many charging points now available to EV owners.
What they offer
● Consumers can decide on a monthly basis if they want to swap a vehicle, cancel their subscription plan or continue with the same car.
● Charging expenses are also included in the packages they offer at over 14000 charging stations in the UK. Consumers can also opt for a no-charging option.
● There is no road tax for EVs, and Onto will take care of the London Congestion zone registration.
● Consumers get 750 miles included per month with their subscription plan, and more can be added as a bolt-on.
Onto has a wide range of EVs and Hybrids available for consumers, including models from but not limited to - Renault, Hyundai, Peugeot, Volkswagen, Jaguar, Audi, and Tesla. With new cars and models constantly coming into the market, be sure to give them a call if there is a particular car you’re interested in.
GBP 379 - GBP 1499
Subscribers can also choose an Onto branded Fiat for a much lower price.
EVOGO is another car subscription in the UK that offers consumers a quick and easy solution to having a car to drive. One service that sets EVOGO apart is that they offer a part-exchange service on your old car. If you have a specific car in mind, they can order one for you and provide you with a lead-in car in the meantime. EVOGO is suitable for people looking to subscribe to a car for a slightly longer term, as their agreements are 89 days long. EVOGO also has an in-house repair center for any wear and tear or vehicle breakdown - but you also have the option to use your own repair center if you wish.
What they offer
● EVOGO does not offer insurance on its cars. Consumers need to arrange fully comprehensive insurance in their name for the car they subscribe to.
● You can take EVOGO vehicles for trips abroad for up to 2 weeks, so long as you inform EVOGO and manage and arrange international insurance, maintenance, and servicing.
● There is some paperwork to sign, so consumers need to visit the Sheffield office to collect their first car, after which any subsequent cars can be delivered to a location of their choosing or collected anywhere in the mainland UK.
● Consumers must send a mileage update every month and settle any fines directly with the relevant authority.
● EVOGO takes care of any maintenance and wear and tear of their vehicles. Consumers are also covered by 24-hour breakdown and recovery.
There is a wide variety of vehicles for consumers to choose from, including but not limited to - Mercedes, Landrover, Audi, Kia, Volkswagen, MG, Nissan, Renault, and Citroen.
GBP 275 - GBP 1600
elmo is a subscription company focused on making the “electrification” of transport easy and hassle-free. It is backed by Constellation Automotive Group, the UK and Europe’s largest integrated digital car marketplace. You don’t have to pay any deposit on the vehicle you choose, and they offer all-inclusive packages to their consumers. elmo aims to make going electric quick, easy, and affordable and help consumers take the first big step to becoming a part of the climate solution. With a wide variety of EVs for consumers to choose from and affordably priced subscription plans, elmo is a great choice for anyone going electric.
What they offer
● elmo's car subscription fee includes insurance, maintenance, breakdown cover, as well as vehicle exercise duty and congestion charges.
● Vehicle delivery and collection are also available in the UK.
● You can easily swap your vehicle with a 30-day notice period.
In this blog, we’ll explore some of the leading car rental companies in the UAE. We'll introduce you to five industry giants, each renowned for their distinct offerings and commitment to customer satisfaction.
The traditional model of car ownership has long been ingrained in our society. However, the negative consequences of widespread car ownership are becoming increasingly evident. Traffic congestion, air pollution, and the depletion of natural resources are some of the challenges associated with personal vehicle usage. Additionally, the high costs of purchasing, maintaining, and insuring a car can be a financial burden for many individuals.
Gone are the days of long-term car ownership commitments and the associated responsibilities, such as maintenance, insurance, and depreciation costs. Car subscription services offer a flexible alternative that aligns perfectly with the dynamic lifestyle of busy professionals.
Whether you’re getting a car on subscription or if you’re just curious to know what to do in a situation where you need immediate roadside assistance, this blog will explore things to keep in mind during emergent situations on the road for subscription vehicles.